Monday, January 4, 2010

It's the simple things...

Day 3


It's only the third day of the year and I already feel like I'm falling behind on things that need to get done. I feel like I'm rushing around trying to get this and that done: laundry, lunch, cleaning, dishes, etc. And sometimes it's like there's no real time to spend doing things I enjoy.

And then I turn around and catch this sweet child just playing quietly, enjoying a toy made of blocks of wood. That's the secret: enjoying the simple things without distraction. He wasn't worried about what needed to be done later to get ready for bed or what he needs to do tomorrow. He was enjoying the moment.

And when it was time for his bath, he took his bath. When it was time for bed, he kisse his daddy and me and went to bed. And tomorrow, when it's time to go to school, he'll go to school.

I know that as adults we have responsibilities that he doesn't. But maybe I need to learn to take his approach and deal with some things one at a time so that I can enjoy the good stuff. It's such a simple thing to remember.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

Very well said! Love that smile!!

January 4, 2010 at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home