Friday, March 5, 2010

Like a whole week's worth of catch-up!

Day 55

Woo hoo!! Got to do a little crafting. I watched Heidi Swapp on Ustream doing a live class, in which I followed along and made this envelope book. It was fun to have a little time to myself to make something.

Day 56
Got a call from daycare that Oscar had a rash and they were concerned it was chicken pox. I hate those calls cuz they make me worry. Not only will I have one child sick, it's guaranteed the other two will get it. And even worse...Howard never had chicken pox as a kid, so as an adult he is really not wanting to be around anyone with it where he might get it. This call automatically put him on guard.

I picked him up and took him to Dr. Doria. They sat us away from the general population, which was good. I really don't like sitting in the front with coughing, snotty kids. Sorry, but really, what parent wants to subject their kid to that? It wasn't long before we were taken to a room for evaluation. Dr. Doria said it looked like a heat rash and that he was fine. That was a relief.

Unfortunately for him, he was (over) due to get 4 immunization shots. And he knew it. And he was not happy about it. Elvia and I were able to keep him down so that he took 2 shots to each thigh. He yelled out a little and cried some, but overall took it very well. I gave him some Motrin at the office. Then Howard took him for some ice cream. The next day, though, he was pretty sore for a while. What a trooper!



Day 57
I am so loving these Scentsy candles. They use a light bulb instead of a flame, and the top part holds the scented wax. They are so pretty, and they smell so great. I'm just telling everyone about them!!

Day 58
My little driving buddy fell asleep on the way home from Eagle Pass. Just too darn cute not to photograph! But he was awake the whole way over there and almost the way back except for about 20 minutes he was able to doze off. He's a lively little guy even when he doesn't have to compete with his brothers for attention. But he's an angel when he's sleeping.

Day 60
Family meal: Chicken Parmesan, spaghetti, garlic mashed potatoes, garlic bread, and Ceasar salad. These boys love big meals!!


Day 62
If the ham didn't ham it up, would I ever have any funny photos? Probably so, but he makes it easier. I don't know where he got this idea, but he got on his back and started bench-pressing as if he was really working out. Too funny Mr. Oscar!


Day 63
Every time someone goes to Crystal City, Dad reminds us to get pan dulce from Canela's Bakery. Well, here's what I got!! So good...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger thealdrichfamily said...

wow, great posts! your boys sure know how to eat...you made me hungry! :) Your boys are just too cute and can't believe how big they've gotten. :)

March 5, 2010 at 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home