Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm a mess this week

April 18


About a week ago, I bought these shelves at Lowe's to put up in my scrapbooking room. I really needed a little something to put items I need close by and also for some decoration. My scrap room is pretty bare on the walls, even though the floors have baskets of supplies just sitting there.

I like how they look with a few items on them. The top one is probably more decorative than anything, but I like it. I think I might want a few more shelves for the other wall, but not sure if it needs it just yet. Maybe just a big collage of photos would be fun.

April 19


This is my desk at work. This is in better condition to show than usual. I've always got papers going in different piles and a Sonic cup blocking the view to the screen. But this is where I work.

April 20


The back of the office is a mess, too. Look at those stacks of papers behind the boys. But that's not the point. Allow me to re-direct your focus to the two boys who are also working! Yep, every Tuesday night this is their job. Don't worry, we don't overwork them. And child labor laws don't apply as they are our children. Ha ha! They only have to do one bundle apiece, while the rest of us are much faster and can get 3 each in the same amount of time. They mumble and groan, but they don't mind the $5 they get! Just teaching them a little responsibility. It's good for a kid to have a job, especially one that pays the bills for our family.

April 21


My rebellious streak strikes again! I left the house this morning without making the bed. OMG! What would my mother say? Yeah, well, I was in a hurry. And though technically another minute to make the bed wouldn't have mattered. But psychologically it makes me feel like I left the house that much sooner. Yet the fact that the bed is unmade has bothered me all day. Guess what I'll do as soon as I get home?

Oh yeah, I wanted to comment that I'm participating in Ali Edwards' Week in the Life project this week. Basically, I'm taking photos of the details of my life for a week and then putting it together to show what my life is like at this point.

What I'm really enjoying about this project is that this is the last week of my 35th year, April 19-25, that I'm documenting. Then I will be 36 on the 26th. It will be interesting to see how things change in a few years.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home