Monday, April 26, 2010

It's my birthday!! OMG, I'm 36 already?

I made mini-cupcakes to share with anyone who came by the office today. Couldn't pass up a chance to have cupcakes, right?


So I'm 36 today. Wow, how did that happen? I don't really feel old, but I know I don't have the energy to be back in my 20's. When my mom was my age, I was about to graduate from high school. I'm glad Howie is only 9 at this point and that it will be a while before I have a teenager.

I don't know what I thought my life would be like at this point when I was younger. But I certainly thought that once I hit mid-30's that I would run out of fun-ness and wouldn't be able to keep up with the younger generation, like in terms of video games and technology. I think I'm holding my own technology-wise. I set up all the iPods and iPhones and things like that. I know the difference in DS, DSi, and DSiXL. I know what a Wii is compared to an XBox. And I can play some games, though I'm not the greatest. I like to have fun with the kids and play, I'm no princess!!

But I realize that I am an adult, for the most part. My kids rely on me to be mature and responsible. To care of all the little things that they have no idea about. But I think my responsibility is also to have fun with them. I don't have to hold back on trying new things or learning new things, or having new adventures. And so I'm not going to worry about how many years it's been since I was born. I really need to just focus on being old enough to know that I can do anything I want!

My goal for this summer is to do several things that are new and fun: paintballing, rock-climbing, and maybe some water skiing. I used to be afraid to do anything that might give people reason to laugh at me if I failed or made a fool of myself. But I need to learn to disregard the people who don't matter and not worry about their opinions. I need to just go out and have fun with the people who love me and want to have fun with me, too!

What new things do you want to try?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home