Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mmmm...candied caramel apples

April 17

Oh.My.Goodness! I have found heaven in a little store at the mall in Laredo where these beautiful candy-coated caramel apples (in various flavors of candies or otherwise) sit in big glass cases for people like me to drool over and spend ridiculous amounts of money. People who have huge, ginormous sweet tooths. People who don't have any self-control around caramel, chocolate, nuts, candy, etc. I am the leader of those people. And today I just could not pass up these beautiful apples. (from left to right: pecan-caramel, monster chocolate, m&m's, and cheesecake)

I was only going to get two of them and we were going to share. Yeah, right! Everyone wanted a different flavor, and today was not the day for me to say no. How could I resist, knowing we wouldn't come back for a long time? Why deny my children, my husband, and myself such a simple pleasure? Why let a mere $5.75 per apple discourage me? (That is seriously ridiculous money for an apple, isn't it?)

I didn't say no. I let reckless abandon take hold of me and I said, "I want this one, this one, this one, and that one!" And I hoped that the chocolate wouldn't melt when we left them in the car while we ate at Olive Garden. It didn't.

When we got home, salivating at the prospect of those beautiful apples making their way into our mouths, I cut 'em up! And we ate 'em up!! And they were every bit as delicious as I had imagined. And worth every penny.

Now off to scrapbook...see if I can get caught up with the UK scrappers at shimelle.com's scrapbook party! I just got my new Sillouette and can't wait to play! There's some enablers at Houseof3.com, I tell ya!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The Aldrich's said...

ooooohhhh those look delicious!! I've always eyed those too inthe mall but I have yet to get one. I think every since I had my braces I was able to hold off on sweets like that since they'd get "stuck" in my mouth! LOL They did look super yummy!

April 21, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home