Friday, April 16, 2010

Some fun stuff, including a mini-book

April 9

Lunch at the restaurant. It was Good Friday and the boys had early release from school, so we all ate together for lunch. Including grandma and grandpa. Oscar, too, got picked up early. As kids we probably took for granted how important it is to eat as a family. But one of the things that mom and dad love most is to have their grandkids around to sit down and enjoy a meal. And maybe they aren’t the types to be constantly saying “I love you” to us or the kids, but their actions show it beyond measure. They hug and kiss on the kids all they can, and dad will carry Oscar in his lap all the time. I’ve got lots of pictures of the two together and it always makes me smile!

April 10

We were in San Antonio today to get Howard’s riding lawnmower. After we had lunch, he took me to my favorite scrapbook store, Scrapbook Heaven. It’s on Bandera Road, and as we were driving to it, a truck was hauling this cool oldie on a trailer. Obviously restored, it was a beauty! It’s neat to get a photo of cool random stuff.

April 11

Finally, after almost 2 years of having a plain breakfast nook (which is really our dining room, too, cuz we’re not very formal people) we hung some “art” to decorate the room. It has made such a dramatic improvement. I love how the room looks, I love all the different prints. It just makes me happy and makes me feel like the house is slowly, but surely, becoming more complete, more US. There’s still more to do, obviously. We need to get the chair rail in. We need a bigger table to seat us all together. And that highchair has to go soon!

April 14
Yay! I made a mini-album!!

It’s a class kit from Bo Bunny that I bought at Scrapbook Heaven. I wasn’t sure that I’d be able to get back to SA in a few weeks for the actual class and the store owner said she could just sell me the kit. Well, great!! And everything in the book was from the kit, no extras needed, which is always a plus.

Here’s what the rest looks like:







The back cover needs a little something. I’ll probably put a 2009 summer pool picture there. And I need to add some ribbon to the rings just for a little more pizzazz. But I really enjoyed how quick it came together and how cute it is. Howard was impressed, too, which makes me happy!!

April 15

It’s tax day! But for me, it’s actually extension filing day. I hate doing the taxes. I hate bookkeeping. Really, I just don’t like having to get it all together and then see an amount that exceeds my bank account that has to be paid. So I put it off until October.

You can see the mini-album in the corner of the photo, cuz my highlight for the day was uploading it to share with my Facebook friends.

April 16

Okay, truthfully, I took these photos yesterday, but they are today’s photo of the day because I think I’m going to go back to the dollar store to get them. They are inspirational and make me smile. Howard asked me if I bought them, but I didn’t, yesterday. I had gone in the store looking for easels to put my mini-books on the shelf. I loved these cups immediately, but I had my little shadow (Oscar) with me and couldn’t let go of him to hold the cups. I was without a basket because he has started to tell me “no basket, just hold hands” when we go to stores. So I’m trying to give him the opportunity to build up that trust that he won’t go wild in the stores. He’s been good so far, but I’m smart enough not to push it!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The Aldrich's said...

I love it! And the scrapbooking book is so cute..you did an awesome job! I also love the new look of your blog..hard to believe Mother's day is around the corner!

April 16, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home