Sunday, May 2, 2010

Born to be Wild!



While on this layout a day journey, I'm supposed to be able to define my style. My goal, other than actually completing the 31 layouts, is to be able to make my pages quick. Not that I feel it's work, but I don't like for the simplest of layouts to take me two hours because I'm indecisive about what products to use. I'm not always going to have all day to work on a page or come to work on it in bursts. So really I just need to learn to settle on a few products and go for it!

Today's layout had took a little extra time because I went a little "artsy" with the acrylic paint. I wanted to grunge it up. I also found that my stash of supplies doesn't really cater to grungy layouts. I have a lot of little boys and baby and cutesy stuff. Haven't quite built up my rough and grunge. But I'm sure it's coming. Maybe I should hurry and make all those baby and little boy pages so that I can move on from that phase of the boys' lives in photos.

I liked this page when it was done. A little different for me, but good. I think I am very open to different styles. Just have to go where the mood takes me. I'm not quite seeing what my defined style is at this point. But I don't think that fitting a certain label is important right now. I just want to have fun creating!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger JulesHollis said...

Great layout! Love the look on his face. I have a similar goal in learning to make pages quickly. Also for me, it just feels really good to be creative again.

May 2, 2010 at 10:28 PM  
Blogger The Aldrich's said...

wow that's cool! :) don't know how you have time to do that! LOL

May 10, 2010 at 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home