Friday, June 11, 2010

Mid-2010 Scrapbooking Goals

So far this year, I have taken on Project 365, Week in the Life, and LOAD. Project 365 is a challenge to take a photo a day for the year as a way to document the everyday. Week in the Life was a week-long challenge to photograph everything, and keep memorabilia, for a whole week to document a, well, week in our life. And LOAD is a layout a day challenge in which I created a scrapbook layout every day in May.

Have I been perfect in taking on and completing these challenges? Not exactly. I don't have a photo for every day since January 1st. And I haven't put together my week in the life album. I did make a layout every day in May, though. Altogether, I'd say I'm doing a good job. I believe that something is way better than nothing when it comes to telling our stories and documenting our lives.

So what are my BIG plans for the rest of the year? Well, I have some goals...
1. Complete my "week in the life" album
2. Participate in Camp Scrap over at Big Picture Scrapbooking
3. Make a layout for the Paperclipping Festival
4. Participate in scrap camp over at Creating Keepsakes
5. Participate in the October LOAD challenge
6. Submit more pages for potential publication

The ultimate goal in doing all of the above is to:
1. Be published by Creating Keepsakes and Scrapbooks Etc.
2. Become a design team member for a club or website

And how am I going to accomplish this? Well, I could...
1. Scrapbook more
2. Post my pages in various galleries
3. Try, try, and try some more

Anything I do in pursuit of any of these goals will be win-win for me, regardless of whether I actually get published or get onto a design team. And that's pretty cool!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home