Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Album Cover...only a few days overdue

This will be my album cover. I'm ready to move on to the pages!

After I got the idea for my pages sorted out, I had to work on the cover for this album. We are now into Day 8 of Learn Something New Every Day (an online class with scrapbooker Shimelle) and I thought maybe having my album cover completed would kick off the actual making of the pages.

I'm using up some Close To My Heart stash with this project. I just have so much of it from my days as an active consultant that I really need to use it up (which will lead me to another class). The album is a 6x6 album (but not CTMH) in a dark red color. I originally had some pages from other scrappers in an exchange when I was active on the Creating Keepsakes message board years ago. I'll be taking those pages out and putting them away for another round of swaps later.

I used the letter stickers for "Learn" and "DAY" out of the School Zone kit, as well as the border sticker. Then I stamped the other words, also with CTMH stamps, and used chalks to color in. The outlining and cutting out of each word really helped punch them up, I think. As for the apple sticker in the corner, I found that in my stash and thought it went well with the theme.

I'm really proud of my "n" which was an "m" that I cut and layered. Gotta love little tricks like that!

So I guess I'm ready to start assembling some pages...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

Love how your words turned out! I am terrible with scissors, so I always admire good cutting. Love the chalk colors.

September 8, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home