Thursday, September 9, 2010

It's coming together nicely

Still working on my mini-album for Shimelle's Learn Something New Every Day class. All the pieces were stamped and cut and waiting for me. I had an idea of how the page would go, but I was having doubts about the design. I didn't want it to be repetitive and boring, but didn't want to make each page design different from the others for time's sake. I didn't want the design to overtake the message. And then I saw some pages from another student in the class. Thanks to Sue for giving me the confidence to glue it down! You can see her beautiful pages on her blog.


I laid out all the element so that I could alternate colors. It really helped to keep this simple and keep everything from a kit.




Not a great photo of the pages, but here's my stack.


Close-up look at the page designs.


And here's a look at the first page that will go in the album. I found the quote on scrapbook.com under resources.

So all I have left to do is journaling for each day. I've kept my journal with the days lessons and have been keeping up to date.

I also wanted to add that I've been using things from my stash! Which is great, as I'm also taking a class at Big Picture Scrapbooking with May Flaum called "Adventures in Scrapbooking: Use Your Stash"!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sian said...

That's a perfect quote to start your album with. I'm taking both of these classes too. My first time in a May Flaum class and I'm finding her very inspiring.

September 10, 2010 at 7:13 AM  
Blogger Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

How kind of you to link to my blog! Much appreciated! I'm loving the colors of your pages - not boring at all! And I love how a system like this simplifies the process, so you can focus on the journaling.

September 10, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home