Saturday, September 18, 2010

Using my stash!!

You know that I'm taking May Flaum's class at Big Picture Scrapbooking to use my stash. I have a lot, a lot I say, of scrapbook supplies that I've been collecting for years. I can't seem to want to part with it because I really love it. I *LOVE* patterned paper!!

And I haven't made a page in over a week and was feeling guilty that even though I'm kind of keeping up with my online scrapbook classes, I'm not creating! The creative itch was finally too much to overcome, especially since I wanted to make something, so I went through my photos and pulled a few that I had some ideas for. Then I went through my papers and pulled some options.

Voila!

I love this photo of Dad kissing Oscar. And I had this beautiful kit from Basic Grey that I've been hoarding for a while. I even journaled by hand, but since it was lengthy, I put it under the photo. The photo lifts up to reveal the story. I don't generally use so much patterned paper, but I was happy with the outcome.

And another:

This one uses Rusty Pickle papers from about 6-7 years ago! Even the black strip of mesh is really old, maybe 8-9 years ago from when I first got into scrapbooking. The only thing new on this layout is the kraft cardstock that I bought today. 

I'm feeling good to get two layouts made tonight, but even more so that I used some old supplies. I might be able to part with the rest of the kit from BG. Maybe.

I think a big part of what keeps me from using papers I love is that I'm waiting for that *perfect* layout. But what is perfect? And when will that perfect layout come if not now, if I don't make it? I recently read an article by Lain Ehmann that speaks directly to this idea of waiting to experience something because we have this idea of a perfect moment. But we are robbing ourselves of the enjoyment of an experience, or of making a layout, if we don't just do it and enjoy the moment NOW! And when we do, we will realize that it is perfect! Thanks Lain!

So are you using any of your old stash? Mix in some old with new and you'll find all sorts of inspiration!!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Wow, good for you! Your LO's look great!

September 19, 2010 at 7:54 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Great LOs. I totally know how you feel when you must need to scratch the scrapbooking itch.
I am so overstashed right now and it's not a good feeling... .

September 20, 2010 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Great job with these layouts! I'm in May's class, too, but have only managed to make two layouts so far.

September 24, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home