Sunday, October 17, 2010

Planning for December Daily & Journal Your Christmas


Yes, it's only mid-October, but I'm going to plan ahead and have some fun with this project instead of winging it. I need to remember not to overwhelm myself or my creativity stalls. I haven't made any scrapbook pages lately. I get into my scraproom and kill time on Facebook or Twitter and blogs. I'm desperately needing to MAKE something!

So LOAD (layout a day) isn't going so well this time around. I stopped participating within the first few days, but have been saving the prompts because I do want to get around to them. I've been trying to come up with some of my letter for Me: The Abridged Version. Once I get enough letters/words on my tag book, I hope to be able to fill in the rest. My book of stories isn't quite so hot, but I have made some notes in my notebook and need to re-organize my photos to try to trigger my memory.

Seems I am the queen of unfinished scrapbook projects and classes!

That's okay. Or at least, I'm okay with that. I have lots of projects started, but I'm just not ready to finish them up. Something is missing, whether it's part of the story or design or my creativity. I think if I can get myself organized again things can get back on track. I've had some stressors lately that have just shut me down. But they are gone: taxes are paid, work projects completed.

So in addition to the above projects, I still have my "week in the life" to complete and I need my photos for Project 365. Organizing and printing should get the ball rolling towards completion.

In the meantime, I've taken on a couple more scrap-related projects: December Daily with Ali Edwards and Journal Your Christmas with Shimelle. I plan to combine the two, as Ali's is more of a foundation for recording the holidays and Shimelle's is more of a memory-keeping/journal-writing style project for the holidays.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for this project because I have lots of supplies. I feel the need to have everything coordinated, but love the way others' albums looks with mis-matched stuff and so free-flowing, creatively speaking. I've been inspired by so many other scrapbookers online. I've decided to use an American Crafts 8x8 d-ring album with a chipboard cover and green spine. I won this album from Creating Keepsakes a couple years back and still haven't used it. I also went through my stash of papers last night and pulled out lots of Christmas stuff. Lots of varying styles and colors, but I hope to bring it together.

And since I've got plenty of time, I really want to make the base of my pages over the next few weeks so I'll be ready to take photos and journal in December without having to worry about the design.

How will you be recording your Christmas memories?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

There is so much good stuff online, all the blogs and classes, it is easy to get overwhelmed and unfocused. (I am speaking about me!) There is a class over at BPC, called Picture the Holidays, that I might do.

October 18, 2010 at 7:34 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

You posted such nice comments on my blog...I had to come over here to see what you were up to =) I have the VERY SAME feelings about putting my December Daily album together. At the beginning, when you look at everyone's albums (on Flickr), they look so coORdinated. But, I do like that sort of "random" look once things get added to the pages - which is why I've started collected odds & ends from the mail, and from life - so it's not all just "scrapbooky" stuff. I hope you enjoy the process, I know I am! God bless you today.

November 5, 2010 at 5:56 AM  
Blogger The Aldrich's said...

girl you are on the ball!!!! I am so far behind on Abby's scrapbook that's there no way to catch up but I do want to work on it. With the holidays coming up I love to do some simple things like Smilebox and put them up on the blog. I hope to work on that soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

November 11, 2010 at 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home