Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My December Daily is coming together

I've been putting together my pages for Ali's December Daily album. I hadn't realized that I had a lot of Christmas papers in my stash and still I bought more that caught my eye over the last few weeks. I cut down my pages to 6x8 so that I could use with Ali's page overlays. I'm using an American Crafts 8x8 album that I won a while back from Simple Scrapbooks, that's how long ago it was for those of you who remember SS magazine.

I also wanted to say that I'm participating in Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas class. She will be sending daily prompts to help document the holidays. I've looked at her prompts from last year and can tell this will be an album so full of wonderful past and present Christmas stories. The neat thing about Shimelle's classes is that once you're in, you're in for life! You don't have to pay again to take the same class next year and you can look back over the previous years' class discussions and prompts. The forums are awesome, made so by the other participants and Shimelle, herself! And there's never any pressure to "keep up". You can simply receive the prompts and work on them as you have time. 

I'm not crazy about how narrow my pages are compared to the length of the album, but if after I'm done I feel I need to cut it down, Howard said it wouldn't be hard to cut through the thick chipboard. Yay! And I haven't even thought about what I'm doing for the cover since I'm not sure if I'll be cutting it down or not. I will have to decide something because I need to cover up those pen markings on the spine.


I've got a container with the scrap papers, embellishments, letter stickers and more to use for the album as I make the pages during the documentation period. I've decided to attempt to document the holidays beginning the day after Thanksgiving, since that's when I officially get to decorating for Christmas. I'd put up my tree now if I could, but I need to clear out that room first. I'm really excited to get my tree up because I found a 12-foot tree on sale after Christmas last year for $99!! And then a few weeks ago I bought a ton of new decorations for it. I've been using the same gingerbread man theme for several years and finally decided to start over with a new theme. It will be a combination of santas, reindeer, and snowmen (even though we never see snow in South Texas). The colors will be more traditional red and green, with white, silver and gold thrown in for variety. I'll share more about the tree when the time comes. It will definitely make for a great entry and probably its own full size scrapbook page.

Here are just a few of the inside pages I've started. These will be the divider pages to introduce each day. I used papers and odds & ends from different manufacturers that I've collected and/or recently purchased.











Just a look at the stack of pages so far. I fully expect this to be a nice, fat album at the end of December.


 Will you be doing anything particulary special to document the holidays? If you're looking for something, I hope you'll consider doing your own December Daily or joining the Journal Your Christmas class!!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger JulesHollis said...

Looking great!!! I only have my cover done so far. I bought a ton of new Christmas stuff too. Simply couldn't resist.

November 17, 2010 at 9:33 AM  
OpenID chandeleah said...

Cute! I also bought way too much stash, but can't wait to use it all! My album is similar - my pages are narrow compared the the album, but I feel that I might want to have things that come off the page and that way they will still be protected by the covers.

Looking forward to JYC starting!

November 17, 2010 at 5:25 PM  
Anonymous Barbi D (2becreative) said...

Beautiful so far! Looking forward to more.

November 18, 2010 at 6:23 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

looks great!

November 20, 2010 at 11:26 PM  
Anonymous Sara Rossi said...

Your album looks great! I've got to get moving again on mine...among other things! ;)

November 27, 2010 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

Love it! How awesome is that Teresa Collins paper?

November 29, 2010 at 2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home