Thursday, December 2, 2010

Documenting the Holidays

So I made the foundation pages for my December Daily album in the last few weeks and I was ready to go on November 26, the day I usually start getting ready for Christmas. I try not to get any Christmas decorations out before Thanksgiving. I don't want to rush the holidays! I did manage to get in a shopping day in November and one day to buy new Christmas decorations, but I kept it all in storage boxes.

I started taking pictures for the album and kept some journaling in my notebook so that I could put it all together when I finally had the time and energy. Seems I have to wait all day to get into my scraproom and then I run out of steam! But not today, my friends.

I'm finding my Mac easy to work with, which is still hard for me to believe. I've just been a PC person since the beginning of time - like 1993 when it seems I "had" to learn how to use one. I printed photos from my iPhone and camera card without problem, opened up documents in Photoshop and InDesign and worked with them to print, again without a problem. I'm only telling you this because I really am amazed!

Here are the first few pages:
Using Ali's title page that she posted on her blog today, I changed it up a little to customize for my album.











Just to recap, I'm doing Ali Edwards' December Daily, Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas,  Tracy Clark's Picture the Holidays, and as of today, Reverb10. I'm also getting Paperclipping's holiday photo tips. Lots of scrapping goodness going on! Mostly I just want lots of incoming inspiration. I will be trying to following the prompts by each as much as possible, but primarily I just want to document the season. We've got lots of things planned for the next month and I can't wait to enjoy them all and then record them!

4 comments:

  1. What a great start to your album. I can't wait to see more of it. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can add to your list, Capture Your Holidays! You were my winner! Send me an email at Katrina@katrinakennedy.com for all of the details :) Congratulations!

    Your DD is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore how you're incorporating all the challenges. Starting before the 1st is a great idea to really incorporate so much more. Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing the link to you block. :-)

    ReplyDelete