Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas questionnaire


I found this quiz on Melissa's blog who found it on someone else's blog. I, too, thought it would be fun to share. Here are my answers:


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I wrap my gifts, even though I don't do a great job. But I don't put bows or ribbon on them since I end up having to stack them to transport to Mom & Dad's for the exchanges.

2. Real tree or Artificial? 
We've never had a real tree. Down in South Texas, the weather isn't likely to keep them in great condition. And I'm pretty sure someone in the house might end up being allergic to them. Then there's the mess to contend with. Nope, we do artificial. In fact, even growing up we had an artificial tree. When Howie was born, we bought our first pre-lit tree and last year I bought our second pre-lit tree - a big 12-foot tall tree that is just gorgeous (and it was on sale for only $99 at Wal-Mart). 

3. When do you put up the tree? 
I like to put up the tree on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I love to keep it up as long as possible, into the first weekend of the new year, if I can.

4. When do you take the tree down? 
The first weekend after the new year. 

5. Favorite gift received as a child? 
I'm easy, I love anything!! But I specifically remember getting a stereo and the Bon Jovi "Slippery When Wet" cassette one year that I loved so much!!
  
6. Hardest person to buy for? 
My mom

7. Easiest person to buy for? 
The boys

8. Mail or email Christmas cards? 
I've never emailed cards, but I'm not very good at sending cards either. Last year I posted a photo and sent greeting through Facebook. This year I mailed out a few cards!!

9. Favorite Christmas Movie? 
I don't have a favorite Christmas movie. Usually the shows we watch on Disney will end up with some variation of "A Christmas Carol" and that's fine. I do like "Scrooged" with Bill Murray. That was funny.

10. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually after Thanksgiving. I'm not one of those people who will stand outside the stores at midnight, but I'll try online at midnight for sales. Otherwise, I'll hit the stores at regular hours on Black Friday and shop from then on until I get it all done. This year, we did do some shopping online and I liked that a lot.

11. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not that I can recall.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? 
Cookies!! 

13. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? 
Clear

14. Favorite Christmas song? 
I don't know the words, but I love to hear "Christmas Bells" because I remember having to learn the part for our Christmas concert in Junior High. 

15. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Since we all live in town, we stay here. First we open family gifts at our house with the boys, then go over to Mom & Dad's to open gifts with everyone else.

16. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? 
I've had each at different times. This year there is a Santa hat on top of the tree.

17. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? 
Christmas morning.
18. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? 
I love this time of year and try to not get annoyed by any of it. I know people are stressed about having money or buying gifts, so if they are frustrated I let it slide. Most people, though, are happy and in good spirits. I like that!

19. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Want? Hmmm, scrapbooking goodies do the trick for me.

20. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? 
Traditional colors.

So there it is! Now, how about you? Please let me know if you decide to fill out these questions, I'd love to hear your answers! 

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

great answers!

December 14, 2010 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

Claudia, this is so much fun. I am in the process of doing it on my blog (giving you & Melissa credit, my dears!) Kinda makes you think about patterns through the years, and what your real traditions are!

December 17, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home