Saturday, February 12, 2011

My scrappy week

Ha ha!! Scrappy as in lots of scrapbooking going on (not crappy).

Still doing pretty good with my layout a day challenge. I've scrapped every night this week even if I didn't blog them separately. I'll be showing you my pages below, but I wanted to say a few things about scrapbooking first.

I got "the comment" the other day from my sister about how I must have lots of free time to scrapbook and how she's too busy to do it (even though she used to love it!) She didn't mean it in a derogatory way, I think she meant it more of a "how do you have time?" kinda way. I have a full-time job, as I am self-employed; 3 kids and a husband; never ending loads of laundry; and a house to keep up. But I can find the time to scrapbook (and use untold amounts of time on the computer - Facebook & Twitter & blogs) because I make time. Once the kids are in bed (around 8:30-9:00) I come into my scrap room and surf the internet for a while. Then I grab a photo or two and look through Evernote for some layout ideas.

I've found that I'm a simple scrapper. Very simple. That's okay with me. I like the almost-instant gratification of a quick page that is still fun. I've learned not to stress about making the "perfect" page or using every-single-photo of each event. Sometimes I have a story. Sometimes just a thought. Sometimes just a date. I'm totally okay with all of that. I love scrapbooking because it is a creative outlet for me. I could put all my photos in a photo album and that would be okay, too. And I will have a combination of layouts, mini-books, and photo albums. It's all good.

So what about the laundry and all my other responsibilities? Laundry gets washed. Dishes get done. House gets vacuumed. People get fed. Work gets done. It's all manageable. Everything in its own time. Besides, at 11 pm, what else would I be doing?

So after that long rant, here are my pages:

Day 8:

Day 9:

Day 10:

Day 11:

Day 12:

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger The Aldrich's said...

love this!! the Ortiz girls look beautiful!! nice to see all the girls together!

February 13, 2011 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog! Your layouts are wonderful. I especially like the Sisters layout with the photos from different years, and the papers on that layout are gorgeous.

February 17, 2011 at 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home