Monday, March 14, 2011

i.Scrap and I love it!

Halfway through February, I came down with a cold (or the flu) and missed a couple days of the LOAD layout a day challenge. So while I didn't complete all 28 layouts, I did complete about 16 or 17. Obviously, that's way better than nothing. I'm happy with that progress but realized I still have plenty of scrapping to keep me busy.

I really enjoy taking online scrapbook classes from Big Picture Classes. I have several that are still going and several that have ended, but I haven't "completed" any of them. They are works in progress and I like that I can access them forever so that I can go back and do the lessons as I have time or as I feel inspired.

A recent class is Stacy Julian's i.Scrap class. It's only two weeks long, but in it I will complete a 20-page 8x8 album. I like that Stacy had an outline for each of the pages we were to make and how it would all come together. I followed along and pulled out my photos, papers, and embellishments for my pages the first week and began putting all the pages together. Over the last couple of nights I have been able to complete the layouts, including painting the edges. I've already put them in the album as I wait for the journaling pages to dry.

I've been mulling over in my mind how the journaling will come together so that I can get it on my pages and finish this album in the next few days.

Here's the title page. Just needs a little journaling about what the album will be about.



And here's the last page. It was supposed to be a full 8x8 photo, but somewhere along the way I ended up printing the photos as a 4x6 and used it similar to the inside pages. Rather than take it apart, I just used it as-is. That works for me.


So in the next few days I should have a completed album. Yay me!!

But it doesn't end there. I am also taking a class with Karen Grunberg called Finding Your Way. It's similar to LOAD in that we are trying to find out true scrapping selves. Since I've tried LOAD a few times now, and was actually successful in May 2010, I've been able to narrow down some of my habits. I'll soon be re-organized enough to start my layout a day challenge again for this class and really hone in on my scrapping style. What I need to do in the meantime is upload all my photos to Snapfish and get them printed! It's such a chore, but it feels so good when I get that big box of printed photos back in the mail.

After that class ends, it will just about be time to jump into the May 2011 LOAD challenge. I have some things coming up in May that might derail me if I'm not prepared so I need to get ready. And for those days when I won't be home to paper scrap, I can always make digi pages. I've always got a computer around!

And then? Well, there's a new class at BPC that I want to sign up for: 28 Days of Sketches with Lisa Day. I like to use sketches when I need layout ideas. This class will have a daily sketch during May which will help with LOAD.

I hope that you'll join me in any of these classes. And if you think that you're too busy to scrapbook on a regular basis, know that you have the same 24 hours in a day as the rest of us. You just have to make scrapbooking a priority. A few minutes a day can turn into layout in a short matter of time. If you don't tell your story, or your family's story, who will?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

I'm loving Karen's class and think that I might take Lain's The Mother LOAD this summer. Thanks for the peek at your i.Scrap album. Didn't sign up for that one, but kinda wish I had.

March 15, 2011 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I have my i.scrap album all together and need to find time to work on the journaling - I have lots of ideas running around in my head. I like the papers you chose for your album. I'm not doing LOAD for Karen's class but have completed about eight layouts and am recording my observations about my style. I have May's class on my list, but am waiting until closer to time to sign up.

March 15, 2011 at 3:49 PM  
Blogger DianeC said...

Don't tempt me into any more classes. I have so many of them sitting ready for me to finish that I could probably scrap for the next two years. Kind of like my humongo stash of product. LOAD was awesome and I can't wait for May.

March 15, 2011 at 7:45 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I hear the Karen class was great and I wish I hadn't missed registration for iScrap. thanks for sharing your lo's from it!

March 16, 2011 at 3:40 PM  
Blogger Danielle Hunter said...

All these classes sound like fun, just wish I had the time (and money would help too) to participate. I love the idea of completing an 8x8 album in two weeks and I enjoyed your sneak peek. Looking forward to May!

March 18, 2011 at 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home