Monday, April 18, 2011

Making cards and reading, but not at the same time

Last night I cut and made about 60 baby shower invitations for my youngest sister who is due in June. I haven't made cards in a long time so I was surprised that between us we cranked them out in about 2 hours.


Papers are from DCWV stack, ribbon from Michael's, stamps by CTMH, and brackets cut from my Silhouette. The Silhouette has its own story this week! I've had the darn thing for exactly a year and had a heck of a time getting it to cut anything straight out of the box. I tried every trick I could find online and then put it away because I was so frustrated that I spent good money on a machine that didn't work like it promised. Then last week I emailed customer service about the problems I was having and they immediately sent out a replacement blade. Guess what? That was my problem all along. I put in the new blade and it cut through paper like butter! I was so happy!!

Tonight I'm trying to find some scrapbook inspiration, but I really need to read. I'm having a hard time with my OLW this year: FOCUS. I start lots of little things and can't seem to get to the end of any of them.

One of my lifelong dreams has been to become a published author. I don't consider writing newspaper articles as being published because, well frankly, it doesn't take much skill or effort. Or maybe that's just my articles.

I want to write a real story, not a real-life story, just fiction that gets published. Just one time. LOL So I'm reading this book "Story Engineering" on my iPad. It's a new experience, but I'm enjoying the digital reading more than I thought I would.

I'm also reading a Dummies book on Wordpress. I want to learn to build a website for the newspaper but there are lots of things to figure out. I'm a firm believer in the Dummies books because they really break things down in a tangible way.

And my to-read list wouldn't be complete without some vampire romance novels. They are my guilty pleasure!

So what have you made lately? What are you reading? Do you generally have multiple projects going or just focus on one activity at a time?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I just finished making graduation announcements and am now working on cards I need for May - birthdays & Mother's Day. I'm reading (1) Paper Moon (2) The Good Life (3) Uncle (4) Linchpin and (5) Decision Points. Obviously I have multiple projects going at all times. Those shower invitation are great!

April 18, 2011 at 10:53 PM  
Blogger Scribble Monster said...

Hi I have come via BBFS. I like your blog and it's in my reader. I have recently made a couple of layouts, a couple of cards for friends and family. I have several project ideas on the go at any time but I like to actually make one at a time, I have two minibooks that I didn't finish at the time and however often I pick them up to finish it never quite happens! x

April 19, 2011 at 12:37 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

I always have several projects on the go, usually a piece (or two) of crochet, a scrapbook layout and an altered art piece. I always have two or three books that I'm in the middle of too!
Love your invites :D

April 19, 2011 at 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home