Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My desk is a mess


Just look at this! My table is awful and you just know that it doesn't exactly call out to me to scrapbook. A stack of photos on the far left that need to be sorted. Many of them go in last year's project life album. My camera and bag on the far right that need to be put away...after I download photos from Easter and our recent trip to Arizona to attend my sister's graduation. And some baseball photos. And probably some other stuff that's on the card that I've forgotten. I also need to put away the books I've been reading and sort through some new supplies I bought. And order adhesive for my ATG gun. This list could just go on and on. You know the feeling.


So as a coping mechanism, (let's be honest, I'm a BPC addict) I purchased two classes from Big Picture Classes. Guess which one was at the top of the list? That's right, Stacy's Finding Photo Freedom. I have read both her books and have begun to incorporate some of her methods but I know that I really need an in-depth course to get the most from it and really set my workflow in order to get the most out of my scrapping time.

The other class? Nic Howard's Color or is it Colour? class. When I took Nic's class during True Scrap it was the one that really struck a chord with me and inspired me to create a page immediately. I love how the page turned out and scrapped about it here.

As for some of my iPhoto pictures, here are the boys at Cabela's in Phoenix/Glendale.



And at TGI Friday's at Chase Field in Phoenix right before the graduation ceremony. We were able to have lunch with Howard's sister and neice which was also a good reason to come out to Arizona. It had been about a year since we last saw his sisters. We even got to visit with his other sister who lives in Tucson.


Here we are at the field waiting for the ceremony to begin.


And since we were on the road the week before and during Mother's Day weekend, I didn't get my gift until yesterday. (I wasn't expecting one as Howard had taken me to a scrapbook store in Tucson on Saturday where I got to pick up a few new things.) Howard picked this out for me and I love it. I don't know if I would have picked out a bracelet that is so Texas-specific, but it really is cute. It just feels like home. Maybe because he kept talking about how we could always move to Arizona if we wanted a change. That's okay, hun. I'm a Texas girl.


So I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day and spent some time scrapping during National Scrapbook Day this past Saturday. Won't you share how you enjoyed your weekend?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

As an alum of both Stacy's and Nic's classes, I think you will love them both! I'm retaking Finding Photo Freedom, so see you there!

May 20, 2011 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger JO SOWERBY said...

i am also an alumni student of stacey's class so will be returning to sorting out my photos too. thanx for ur lovely comment about the Elle's studio minibook. I am really pleased with my book and looking forward to my first event tomorrow night which will go into it. Glad you like the post and hope it helps when u get ur book going too,
Jo xxx

June 8, 2011 at 7:25 AM  
Blogger Lisa-Jane said...

That is such a cute bracelet! I like your desk because it reminds me of mine - lots of little piles of things that I need to do / sort / put away etc.

June 10, 2011 at 4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home